Five Reasons to Study Art
- Studying art teaches us about about self expression.
- We learn to observe and connect with nature and the world around us.
- Studying art improves performance in other subjects: Art enhances critical thinking and analysis, problem solving skills, hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills, creativity, and communication.
- There is a need for creative skills in the world of work: No matter what career you choose, having the ability to display, arrange, and present material in a way that is aesthetically pleasing, will always be an advantage.
- Studying and creating art is meaningful and can be an extremely satisfying investment of your time and dedication.
Art at CCC
At Clovis Community College we offer an Associate in Arts in Studio Arts for Transfer and an Associate in Art - Two Dimensional Program. Our professors are experienced artists of the highest caliber and are dedicated to helping students succeed.
Program Learning Outcomes:
- Apply knowledge of the elements and principles of design to the description and/or production of artwork.
- Communicate effectively in one or more of the following ways; verbally, written and visually with emphasis on concepts of content and form.
- Understand the impact of the visual arts in a personal, cultural and global context.
- Apply knowledge of techniques and media through production and description of artwork.
- Evaluate and analyze the strengths and weaknesses of an artworks’ effectiveness to visually communicate.
- Solve visual problems through the artistic process.
Majors in the Arts:
- Associate in Arts in Studio Arts for Transfer
- Associate in Arts Degree - Two Dimensional Program
Careers for Art Majors
- Fine artist
- Graphic Designer
- Arts Administrator
- Teacher / University Lecturer
|Phillip Johnson||Art History / Appreciationemail@example.com|
|Kirtley King, MFA||Art / Photographyfirstname.lastname@example.org|