We currently are offering two Geology classes. Most students will be taking a Geology class to fulfill their transfer requirement of a class with a lab component.
Here at Clovis Community College we are surrounded by some of the most remarkable geological locations. In 2013 the Geological Society of America convened in Fresno to study geological locations that are only hours away including Yosemite National Park, the San Andreas Fault, and the Sierra Nevada Foothills. Don't just live here, enjoy your surroundings. Take a geology class and learn to appreciate our area while impressing friends and family with your knowledge of how our area was developed from a geological viewpoint and the materials around us.
- Liberal Studies, Associate of Arts Degree
- Physical Science, Associate of Science Degree
- Associate in Arts in Elementary Teacher Education for Transfer Degree
- GEOL 1 - Physical Geology (4 units, 3 lecture hours, 3 lab hours)
- GEOL 9 - Introduction to Earth Science (4 units, 3 lecture hours, 2 lab hours)
- 2015 Median Salaries for Geoscience-Related Occupations
- Explanation of the Predicted Geoscience Workforce Shortage
- Industries Hiring Recent Geoscience Graduates in 2015
For more information about Geology, career paths, scholarships, and internships you can visit: