The Science Department at Clovis Community College is dedicated to providing opportunities for success and engagement.The Science Department at Clovis community College offers a wide variety of undergraduate courses leading to the Associate of Science and Associate of Science for Transfer degrees. Courses offerings are intended to introduce students to broad areas of science. Course offerings may be used to meet general education requirements, health professional requisites, and prepare students for transfer to a four-year college. The curriculum is rigorous and engaging to prepare students for transfer to a four-year college and profession programs.
The advantages of studying Science at Clovis Community College:
- Class sizes are small
- The faculty are highly qualified with degrees in their respective fields.
- Faculty taught lab sessions
- A wide variety of expertise in the science disciplines, including medical and research professionals.
- Extra curricular activities including:
- A science club and a pre-professional health club
- Various conferences, field trips, and site visits
- Associate degree in Science in Life Science, Physical Science
- Associate degree for Transfer in Biology, Physics
Clovis Community College has extensive course offerings in the core sciences: biology, chemistry and physics. Please visit the individual department pages for a more detailed list of course offerings.
Students interested in the field of science can become a member of the Science Club. The Science club is actively involved in student activities on campus, community service opportunities, and educational opportunities.
Pre-Professional Health Club
Students interested in the health sciences can become a member of the Pre-Professional Health Club. The Pre-Professional Health Club provides opportunities for exposure and experience in many health fields. Activities include health fairs, field trips, opportunities for internships, and presentations from professionals in the health sciences.