Counseling FAQ's

You can call 559-325-5230 to schedule an appointment for a Student Educational Plan (SEP).

Appointments can also be made through eSARS:

To clear a prerequisite a student will need to meet with a counselor. If the prerequisite was completed at another institution, the student will need to provide the counselor with a transcript verifying the successful completion of the prerequisite course. 

Majors are available on our website.

Clovis Community College counselors are available to meet with students online on a drop-in basis or by appointment. All counseling appointments are available via zoom.

Online Appointments

You can call 559-325-5230 to schedule a counseling appointment.   Appointments can also be made online through eSARS:


Online Academic Counseling is also available on a drop-in basis.  Details are located at CCC’s Online Academic Counseling.

Level 1 Probation:

For students who are on level 1 probation (academic or progress), they must complete the Online Probation Workshop.

After completing Part 1 and Part 2 (including the student satisfaction survey), your level 1 probation hold will be removed within 48 hours (Monday – Friday).

Level 2 probation:

Students must meet with a counselor online if they are on level 2 probation.

If you are in good academic standing and previously attempted a course only ONE time, you are eligible to register for the same course for the 2nd attempt, without approval.

If you are planning to repeat a course for a 3rd or 4th attempt (attempts include “D”, “F”, “W”, and “NP/NC”), you will need to meet with an Academic Counselor to complete a “Petition to Repeat a Course for Improvement of an Unsatisfactory Grade.” EW’s (Extenuating Circumstance Drops) do not count as an attempt.  

  • Petitions to repeat a course for a 3rd attempt will be reviewed by an Academic Counselor and if approved, processed by Admissions and Records.
  • Petitions to repeat a course for a 4th attempt must be submitted for review to the Academic Standards Committee.

It is highly recommended that you schedule an appointment with an Academic Counselor to create a Student Educational Plan (SEP).  A SEP will outline the specific requirements for your specific transfer goals. 

Transfer to a California State University (CSU)

  • Completion of 60 or more transferable units
  • Completion of a minimum of 30-semester units of General Education (G.E.)
  • Completion of the “Golden Four” classes (area A1, A2, A3 & B4) with a grade of C or better
  • Earn a minimum of a 2.0 transfer GPA (Most CSU’s and majors require a higher GPA for admission)
  • Complete lower division major requirements (Visit to view the major preparation coursework)

Transfer to a University of California (UC)

  • Complete at least 60 semester-90 quarter-units of UC-transferable credit by the end of the spring term prior to fall enrollment
  • Complete the following general education courses from the IGETC pattern by the end of the spring term prior to fall enrollment at UC:
    • Two transferable courses in English Composition
    • One transferable course in mathematical concepts and quantitative reasoning
    • Four transferable college courses are chosen from at least two of the following subject areas:  arts and humanities, social and behavioral sciences, & physical and biological sciences
  • Earn at least a 2.4 GPA in UC-transferable courses (2.8 for nonresidents). Most UC colleges and intended majors require a higher GPA for admission
  • Complete the required/recommended courses for your intended major. (Visit to view the major preparation coursework)

Transfer to a Private or Out-Of-State College

Meet with a counselor to discuss private or out-of-state transfer admission requirements.

Due to COVID-19, four-year universities are allowing some flexibility to transfer admission requirements.  Students are responsible for contacting the four-year university that they plan to transfer to for clarification and confirmation on any exceptions.

Students may access registration eligibility and their assigned registration date by logging in to WebAdvisor and viewing the Registration Eligibility Information under the section titled “INFO STUDENTS MUST CHECK”

Due to COVID-19, summer, and fall 2020 registration dates were adjusted. Continue to check your SCCCD email for the most updated information.

Career Services can assist in the career exploration process through personalized career counseling, assessments, and various other resources. Students can begin the career exploration process by contacting the Career Resource Center.

Meet with an Academic Counselor online to change your major.

As you begin your education with Clovis Community College, we would like to welcome you by providing a helpful student success checklist to ensure you get started on the right path.

The following guides you through a step-by-step process.  By following these steps, students will increase their chances of becoming a successful student.

Student Success Checklist:

High School Enrichment and/or Dual Enrollment students need to review the requirements outlined on the website.

Returning Student (not attended for two or more consecutive semesters):

Returning Student (not attended for one semester):

High School Enrichment/Dual Enrollment Students

After graduating from high school, High School Enrichment and/or Dual Enrollment students need to follow the traditional new student success checklist.    

Unofficial Transcript

A student can obtain a copy of his/her unofficial transcripts on Webadvisor.

Official Transcript

Official transcripts must be requested online.

A student can apply for his/her Associate Degree and/or Certificate of Achievement through Web Advisor and meet with a counselor to ensure that their major code is accurate in the system.

An Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT) is an associate degree that students can earn to prepare for transferring to a four-year institution.

By earning an ADT, students are guaranteed admission to a CSU campus.

Students must complete 60 CSU transferable units, be CSU GE certified, and complete major requirements for a specific ADT.

Students that are transferring with an ADT in the same major that they will be majoring in at the 4-year institution, may receive a .10 boost in their cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA).  Students can talk with a counselor regarding the ADT’s available at CCC.