Student Ambassador Program
Student Ambassador Program Applications Now Accepted!
- What: Clovis Community College (CCC) is now hiring for part-time Student Ambassadors for 2018/2019 academic year.
- Duties: Student Ambassadors are one of the best representatives of the college’s student body and are dedicated to student success, diversity & strengthening student connections.
- Apply: Visit Student Services in AC2-133 for an application or Contact: Isaac Reyna by phone 559-325-5357 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are continuously accepting applications.
Student Ambassador Program
The Clovis Community College Ambassador Program is a group of outstanding student leaders who are selected to represent the college in many capacities. The Student Ambassador Program at CCC provides leadership development through college outreach activities, retention strategies, and active recruitment. Student Ambassadors exhibit leadership, professionalism, pride, and the desire to promote CCC while delivering superior customer service at all times. Student Ambassadors are one of the best representatives of the college’s student body and are dedicated to student success, diversity, and strengthening student connections. Student Ambassadors enjoy working with people, and are committed to creating change in their community, and are excited about sharing their experiences at Clovis Community College with others!
Mckay is in his third year at Fresno State but has been a Student Ambassador for two years and now a Lead Ambassador his third year. His major is Political Science and in the future he hopes to work in legislative politics. In his free time, Mckay enjoys reading and spending time with friends and family.
Fun Fact: Mckay is a coin collector.
Jaspreet is in her first year at Clovis Community College and this is also her first year as a Student Ambassador. Her major is Finance and she hopes to be an investment banker in the future. In her free time, Jaspreet volunteers at Willow Creek Healthcare Center.
Fun Fact: Jaspreet teaches Punjabi to kids at her temple.
Elijah is in his second year at Clovis Community College and this is his second year as a Student Ambassador. His major is Urban Planning and he hopes to be an urban planner for the county of San Diego. Elijah is president of the Associated Student Government at Clovis Community College and in his free time he likes to go to Trader Joe’s and Lululemon.
Fun Fact: Elijah’s mother did not know she was pregnant with him until two weeks before his birth.
Ciannah is in her first year at Clovis Community College and this is also her first year as a Student Ambassador. Her major is psychology and in the future she hopes to become a social worker. In her free time, Ciannah likes to volunteer at the Fresno Rescue Mission and hang out with friends.
Fun Fact: All of Ciannah’s siblings are counselors at high schools.
Paulette is in her third year at Clovis Community College and has been a Student Ambassador for two years. Her major is applied mathematics and she hopes to be an educator at Clovis Community College in the future. In her free time, Paulette likes to sleep, eat, and listen to music.
Fun Fact: Paulette has changed her major more than 6 times at Clovis Community College.
Jessica is in her second year at Clovis Community College and this is her second year as a Student Ambassador. Her major is psychology and in the future she wants to earn her PhD in Psychology. Jessica is a mom to two poodles and she loves to take care of them in her free time.
Fun Fact: Jessica won the People’s Choice Award at the Miss Fresno Pageant.
Siena is in her third year at Clovis Community College and has been a Student Ambassador for three years. Her major is life science and she hopes to become a nurse anesthetist in the future. In her free time Siena likes to volunteer at the Clovis Community Regional Medical Center.
Fun Fact: Siena has a twin sister named Savannah.
Sabreen is in her first year at Clovis Community College and this is also her first year as a Student Ambassador. Her major is dental hygiene and she hopes to be a dental hygienist in the future. In her free time, Sabreen likes to sleep and organizing activities for her club, the Muslim Student Association.
Fun Fact: Sabreen has switched high schools 6 times.
What duties are performed by the Student Ambassadors?
Student Ambassadors are pivotal members of the Clovis Community College outreach team as they are often a prospective student’s initial contact with the college. Ambassadors are also involved with on-campus events and volunteer out in the community. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Giving personalized campus tours to college visitors while making visitors feel welcome, comfortable, and content about their CCC experience.
- Representing CCC at recruitment and campus events.
- Promoting and increasing involvement in student events and opportunities.
- Informing prospective students and parents interested in Clovis Community College about all facets of Clovis Community College, which includes academic programs, physical facilities, social opportunities, and student services.
- Assisting prospective students with applications and orientation.
- Conducting presentations about Clovis Community College and personal experiences at local schools.
- Staffing the College Relations Office, Student Activities, and Student Services.
- Attend bi-weekly training sessions, meetings and other duties as assigned.
- Have an enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Be self-motivated and responsible
- Have a passion for helping the student be successful
- A willingness to develop or improve oral communication skills
- Worked independently in the past
- Must be in good academic standing with a minimum 2.75 cumulative GPA
- Be able to work a minimum of 10 and a maximum of 19 hours per week as assigned
- Demonstrate an understanding of the admissions process (application, orientation, advising, etc.)
- Attend all required training sessions and bi-weekly meetings (Dates TBD)
- Must be enrolled in 8 units