Student Ambassador Program
The Clovis Community College Ambassador Program is a group of outstanding student leaders who are selected to represent the college in many capacities. The Student Ambassador Program at CCC provides leadership development through college outreach activities, retention strategies, and active recruitment. Student Ambassadors exhibit leadership, professionalism, pride, and the desire to promote CCC while delivering superior customer service at all times. Student Ambassadors are one of the best representatives of the college’s student body and are dedicated to student success, diversity, and strengthening student connections. Student Ambassadors enjoy working with people, and are committed to creating change in their community, and are excited about sharing their experiences at Clovis Community College with others!
What duties are performed by the Student Ambassadors?
Student Ambassadors are pivotal members of the Clovis Community College outreach team as they are often a prospective student’s initial contact with the college. Ambassadors are also involved with on-campus events and volunteer out in the community. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Giving personalized campus tours to college visitors while making visitors feel welcome, comfortable, and content about their CCC experience.
- Representing CCC at recruitment and campus events.
- Promoting and increasing involvement in student events and opportunities.
- Informing prospective students and parents interested in Clovis Community College about all facets of Clovis Community College, which includes academic programs, physical facilities, social opportunities, and student services.
- Assisting prospective students with applications and orientation.
- Conducting presentations about Clovis Community College and personal experiences at local schools.
- Staffing the College Relations Office, Student Activities, and Student Services.
- Attend bi-weekly training sessions, meetings and other duties as assigned.
- Have an enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Be self-motivated and responsible
- Have a passion for helping student be successful
- A willingness to develop or improve oral communication skills
- Worked independently in the past
- Must be in good academic standing with a minimum 2.75 cumulative GPA
- Be able to work a minimum of 10 and a maximum of 19 hours per week as assigned
- Demonstrate an understanding of the admissions process (application, orientation, advising, etc.)
- Attend all required training sessions and bi-weekly meetings (Dates TBD)
- Must be enrolled in 8 units