It is strongly recommended that all students entering college for the first time (or after a 3-year absence) take a placement test prior to registration. Placement testing is part of the Matriculation process mandated by the California Community College Chancellor's Office and is one measure of the "Multiple-Measure" criteria academic counselors will utilize to determine appropriate course placement and plan coursework.
Placement tests are designed to match you with a course that you are prepared to succeed in based on your current skill levels. The assessment test measures your skill level in three areas:
- Reading Comprehension
- Sentence Skills
- Arithmetic, Elementary Algebra, or College Level Math
Placement Test Preparation (Sample Test Questions)
Scheduling a Test
To secure a spot for placement testing and for the most updated testing schedule:
- Call (559) 325-5230
- visit Student Services at Clovis Community College, AC2-133, or
- you can schedule an appointment online through eSars
Students with disabilities should contact Disabled Student Programs & Services (DSP&S) at 559-325-5230 before accommodations with placement testing can be implemented.
Day of Testing
Please be advised of the following:
- Check in begins promptly at the time stated for each session available.
- Please Do Not knock on the Test Center doors at anytime.
- Please remain in the hallway until the Test Center door is opened by the proctor.
- Be sure to bring photo identification, we are unable to administer the test without it.
- There is no Food or Drink allowed in the Test Center.
- Testing takes place on the computer, no testing materials are required. Pencils and scratch paper are provided for the math portion of the assessment test.