EOPS is a state-funded, student assistance program established to promote the enrollment, retention, persistence and transfer of students with linguistic, economic and educational disadvantages. The services provided to these students are above, beyond and in addition to services available to all Clovis Community College students.
EOPS Services Provided:
Eligible students may receive a wide variety of services including, but not limited to:
- First Tier Priority Registration
- Academic, Career and Personal Counseling
- Individualized Counseling
- Peer Support
- Book Vouchers
- Supplemental Cash Grants
EOPS Eligibility Requirements
- California Resident/AB540 Student/Dream Act
- Full time student (12 units or more) when accepted into the program* (some exceptions made for NextUp and DSP&S students, if eligible)
- Have not completed 70 degree-applicable units in all post-secondary education
- Qualify for a Board of Governors Fee Waiver (BOG-A, BOG-B or BOG-C with 0 Expected Family Contribution)
- Educational Criteria (only needs to qualify for one of the following):
- Not qualified for enrollment into the minimum level of English or Math course that is applicable for the Associate's Degree
- Not have graduated from high school or obtained GED
- Graduated from High School with a Grade Point Average below 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Been previously enrolled in remedial education
- Is a first generation college student (neither parent has successfully completed college)
- The primary language spoken in the student's home is/was non-English
- Is an emancipated foster/current youth.
Programs Within EOPS:
Cooperative Agencies Resources for Education (CARE)
CARE is a specialized program within EOPS for students receiving cash aid for themselves and/or their children. These students receive additional supports specific to their needs.
- Students must meet all EOPS eligibility criteria, and
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be a current recipient of CalWORKs/TANF for themselves and/or their child(ren)
- Be a Single Head of Household
NextUp is a program within EOPS designed to assist students who have a history in foster care.
- Students must be a current or former foster youth whose dependency was established or continued by the court on or after the student’s 16th birthday.
- Students must be 25 years old or less when accepted to the program.
How do I apply for EOPS/CARE/NextUp Program?
Complete the EOPS Program Application.
***Clovis’ EOPS program is currently at capacity. We are accepting applications for 2018 Summer or 2018 Fall admissions only.***
Coordinator/Counselor (EOPS): Kelly Tabay | email@example.com
Coordinator/Counselor (NextUp): Laura Gonzales | firstname.lastname@example.org
Counselor: Lupe George | email@example.com
Counselor: Marisa McBride | firstname.lastname@example.org