The Leon S. Peters Honors Program offers an enhanced educational experience designed to challenge students with a specially selected curriculum. The focus of the honors curriculum is on preparation for transfer to a four-year institution.
Benefits of the Program
Taking part in an honors program enhances your transcript, improves your opportunity to transfer to a four-year college or university, enables you to develop closer relationships with instructors, and helps you explore your interests more deeply.
Honors program students receive many benefits including priority registration, special transfer counseling, recognition on transcripts, and scholarship opportunities.
Eligibility for English 1A and at least one of the following:
- Cumulative GPA of 3.5
- Graduation in the top 25 percentile of your high school class
- Students must have earned a high school diploma or a GED at the time of starting the honors program.
- Completed SCCCD College Instructor Recommendation Form (current college students only)
- Complete an Honors Program application and attach unofficial transcripts from high school and all colleges attended, if applicable
- Honors Cover Letter SP 2019/FA 2019 Honors Application SP 2019/FA 2019
- Submit any additional documentation that demonstrates you meet the eligibility criteria
- Applications will be accepted twice a year - Fall and Spring semesters
- Applications are available in the counseling offices at Clovis Community College
- See a counselor or visit the Clovis Community College website for application deadlines and additional information
Students enroll in two honors courses each semester:
- Art 6H - Art History
- Engineering 6 - Circuits with Lab
- English 1AH - Reading and Composition
- English 1BH - Introduction to Literature
- English 3H - Critical Reading and Writing
- History 12H - US History Since 1865
- Philosophy 1CH - Ethics
- Psychology 2H - General Psychology
- Political Science 2H - American Government
- Communication 1H - Public Speaking
- Math 17
- Calculus (Math 5A, 5B, or 6) may count as an honors course
- Honors 2 - Honors Seminar - special seminar designed to bring students together to explore special topics or themes
Students must enroll in a minimum of one seminar during the program.
Application deadline for Spring 2019 is October 5th
Application deadline for Fall 2019 is February 1st
Incoming high school students must complete the RTG (Registration To Go) steps through their high school. Please check with your high school counselor for more information on the RTG steps at your high school.
Counselor, Tasha Hutchings at Clovis Community College (559) 325-5304
Instructor Recommendation Form (PDF)
CCC Honors Program Brochure (PDF)
Honors Application Fall 2019