Leon S. Peters Honors Program
The Leon S. Peters Honors Program offers an enhanced educational experience designed to challenge students with a specially selected curriculum. The focus of the honors curriculum is on preparation for transfer to a four-year institution.
Benefits of the Program
Taking part in an honors program enhances your transcript, improves your opportunity to transfer to a four-year college or university, enables you to develop closer relationships with instructors, and helps you explore your interests more deeply.
Honors program students receive many benefits including priority registration, special transfer counseling, recognition on transcripts, and scholarship opportunities.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.5
- Students must have earned a high school diploma or a GED at the time of starting the honors program.
- Completed SCCCD College Instructor Recommendation Form (current college students only)
- Complete an Honors Program application and attach unofficial transcripts from high school and all colleges attended, if applicable
- Honors Cover Letter SP 2019/FA 2019 Honors Application SP 2019/FA 2019
- Submit any additional documentation that demonstrates you meet the eligibility criteria
- Applications will be accepted twice a year - Fall and Spring semesters
- Applications are available in the counseling offices at Clovis Community College
- See a counselor or visit the Clovis Community College website for application deadlines and additional information
Students enroll in two honors courses each semester:
- Art 6H - Art History
- Engineering 6 - Circuits with Lab
- English 1AH - Reading and Composition
- English 1BH - Introduction to Literature
- English 3H - Critical Reading and Writing
- History 12H - US History Since 1865
- Philosophy 1CH - Ethics
- Psychology 2H - General Psychology
- Political Science 2H - American Government
- Communication 1H - Public Speaking
- Math 17
- Calculus (Math 5A, 5B, or 6) may count as an honors course
- Honors 2A - Honors Seminar - special seminar designed to bring students together to explore special topics or themes
Students must enroll in a minimum of one seminar during the program.
Application deadline for Spring 2020 is October 4th
Application deadline for Fall 2020 is January 31st
Incoming high school students must complete the RTG (Registration To Go) steps through their high school. Please check with your high school counselor for more information on the RTG steps at your high school.