High School Enrichment

The Clovis Community College High School Enrichment program offers students in the 10th, 11th, and 12th grades an opportunity to enroll in college courses and receive college credit. Exceptions to this policy are outlined in the High School Enrichment application.

Generally, courses of a remedial nature, courses for which failing grades were earned, and courses required for high school graduation do not meet the intent and spirit of the program. Students must meet all the necessary prerequisites for any course in which they wish to enroll. Students admitted to the program are treated as new students each semester attended, and are eligible to register during the open enrollment period.

Application and Registration Due Dates

  • The Summer/Fall 2024 Online Application (Step 2 below) will open on 4/1/24
  • Summer 2024 High School Enrichment Packets (Step 4 below) will be accepted starting on 4/12/24
    • Summer 2024 Registration begins on 4/26/24
  • Fall 2024 High School Enrichment Packets (Step 4 below) will be accepted starting on 4/23/24
    • Fall 2024 Registration begins on 5/7/24
  • Enrichment packets must be received by 12PM the Friday before the requested class starts. Late or incomplete packets will not be approved.  

Benefits of the Program

  • The ability to get ahead and earn college credit while still in High School.
  • No tuition costs - The student is responsible for books and materials required for the course.

Contact Information

CCC Counseling

Phone Number: 559-325-5230
Email: enrichment@cloviscollege.edu

Enrollment Guide

Students interested in participating in the High School Enrichment Program must meet the following eligibility requirements*:

  • Completed the 9th grade or equivalent prior to the beginning of the semester or term the student plans to participate in the program.
  • Have a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA for 11-12th grade students, 3.0 GPA for 10th grade students.
  • Have not received a “D”, “F”, “Incomplete”, or “NP” grade in any former State Center Community College District (SCCCD) enrichment or dual enrollment course.

*Students who do not meet the above eligibility requirements must complete the Special Admittance Process detailed in the application.

Complete the CCC admission application online

  1. You will first create an OpenCCC account.
    • If you have not submitted an Enrichment/Dual Enrollment online application within the last two semesters, complete the application for the first semester you plan to attend.
    • Make sure to use a personal email. Do not use your high school email account as you will not have access to it after graduation.
  2. While logged into your OpenCCC account, click Start A New Application to apply to Clovis Community College.
    • You must select “Enrichment/Dual Enrollment” under the “Term Applying For” in the application.
    • If you have any issues completing/submitting the application, you can contact our helpdesk at 1-844-887-2223.

An instructional video is available with step-by-step directions on filling out the online application.

Within 24-48 hours after you have applied online, you should receive an “Admission Application Completed” email from SCCCD Admissions & Records with your Student ID#. If you have not received an email after 48 hours, check your spam/junk folder. If you are still unable to locate the email, call the Clovis College Admissions & Records Office at 559-325-5200 for assistance.

Once you receive your "Admission Application Completed" email with your Student ID#, you can then login to My Portal. Follow the directions in the email to log into My Portal. For login assistance, call the Student Systems Support call center at 559-499-6070 or visit the Technology Help webpage for additional information.

  1. Click on My Portal located at the top right of any webpage on the Clovis Community College website.
  2. Log in to your student portal so you can access your Student Email, Canvas, Self-Service, and other useful tools.
  3. In your student portal, open the "Student Email" app and follow the directions to activate your student email. Check your email daily as email is the primary way the college will communicate with you. 

When you login to My Portal, be sure to update your Communication Preferences so that you will be able to change your password on your own. A pop up will appear the first time you log in to your portal to ask you to confirm/update your Communication Preferences. This pop up will appear each time you log in to your portal until you update your preferences, so it is recommended you complete this step the first time you log in. For instructions on how to change your preferences, visit the Communication Preferences webpage.

Complete the High School Enrichment Packet. Make sure to open the packet in Adobe, not your internet browser.

  1. Once you receive your college ID number, you can work with your high school counselor to select the courses you wish to take and complete the HSE packet. To see which classes are available, check the current class schedules. The packet includes fillable forms but MUST have physical signatures. Electronic signatures are no longer accepted.
    • Note: The HSE packet requires signatures from your parents, high school counselor, and high school principal.
  2. Submit your completed High School Enrichment packet to enrichment@cloviscollege.edu or the Clovis Community College Counseling office (AC2-133). All packets must be accompanied by a current unofficial high school transcript.

Disabled Student Programs and Services (DSP&S) - Optional

If you are on an IEP or 504 plan at your high school, please complete the DSP&S New Student Application. After submitting your application, you will need to upload an electronic copy of your IEP, 504 or medical documentation. A counselor will reach out to you to schedule an appointment to complete the intake and setup accommodations for your classes. If you have any questions, contact the DSP&S office at 559-325-5050 or  dsps@cloviscollege.edu .

After you have completed the college application and submitted your HSE packet, a counselor will review your packet.

  • If approved, it will be forwarded to the Admissions & Records Office for registration. Admissions and Records will notify you via your college email regarding your enrollment status.
  • If not approved, we will notify you by phone as to why it was not approved.

HSE students cannot register or drop courses online through Self-Service. Admissions and Records will send confirmation to your college email if/when you are registered for your course(s).

Frequently Asked Questions


Yes, the High School Enrichment/Dual Enrollment application is different than the application seniors fill out for regular admission after graduation. If you want to take classes during your senior year as well as classes after you graduate high school, you will need to fill out both online applications using the same CCCApply account. The regular application can be found on the Graduating Seniors page.

If you have been waitlisted for a class you will need to check your college email periodically for a “permission to register” email. This email is time-sensitive and will expire if not accessed in the allotted timeframe. Enrichment students cannot register online. Once you have received this email you will need to forward it to cccaandr@scccd.edu and include the following:

  • The forwarded email
  • That you are an enrichment student
  • Your full name and SCCCD ID number

If you have not received permission to register by the first day of class, you will need to email the instructor to see if they have space to add you to the class.

High School Enrichment students cannot register online, including adding or dropping a class. Once you submit your online application and your High School Enrichment Packet, you will be notified via your college email when/if you are registered for your selected class(es). If you need to add or drop a class, follow the instructions in the section below.

Changing/Adding/Dropping a Course

High School Enrichment students are not allowed to add or drop a course online through Self-Service. If you want to add or a drop a course, you must contact Admissions & Records at 559-325-5230 so we can add or drop the course for you.

If you want to take a different course than the original one you selected, you must contact the CCC Counseling office and provide them with the new course information. A counselor will then review your HSE packet and transcripts again in order to make sure you eligible to take this new course. If the course is approved, Counseling will forward your application to the Admissions & Records Office for registration. If the course is not approved, counseling staff will notify you by phone or email as to why it was not approved.

Failing to notify the counseling office to drop a course may result in a student receiving a “W” or “F” letter grade on his or her transcripts and becoming ineligible to participate in the High School Enrichment program. It is the High School Enrichment student’s responsibility to notify the counseling office if he or she decides to not take a course after he or she was successfully registered for the course. Credit courses will remain on the student’s permanent record even if the secondary school uses the coursework for high school credit. All coursework taken will appear on the student’s SCCCD transcript and may affect their financial aid or academic status at any SCCCD college or center if enrolled after high school. Visit the Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy webpage or Academic or Progress Probation webpage for financial aid and probation policies.

What do I do after I’ve been registered?

Check your college mail

Check your college email daily as email is the primary way the college will communicate with you.

Get your textbooks

Preview what textbooks are required. You may purchase or rent from the CCC Bookstore online at www.bkstr.com/cloviscollegestore.

Textbook information can also be located in My Portal by clicking on the “My Bookstore” link in Canvas on the side bar along the left-hand side of the page.

Attend your class/access Canvas

Attend your class(es) on the first day of school. If you are taking an online class, be sure to access your courses in Canvas through My Portal the first day of the semester. You may be dropped from a class if you fail to attend the first-class meeting or do not access your online course(s) in Canvas.