Steps to Apply

Clovis Community College is committed to easing the transition process and providing opportunities for student success to our United States Military Veterans. The Veteran's Program directly provides support services and acts as a bridge to external support services for student Veterans, active military personnel, and their loved ones. We stand by our mission statement of "Creating Opportunities - One Student at a Time." It is our pleasure to serve those who have served.

  • New Student Guidance
  • Specialized Veteran's Counseling
  • Priority Registration (DD 214 required)
  • Transfer assistance
  • Scholarship and financial aid assistance
  • Veteran's Resource Center

To be eligible for Veterans Administration (VA) education benefits, you must fall into one of the following categories:

Veteran Education Benefit Chapters:

Chapter 30- Montgomery GI Bill® (Active Duty):

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at

The MGIB program is available to veterans who served on active duty contributed $1,200 to the MGIB during their first 12 months of active duty service. Generally, benefits are payable for 10 years following release from active duty.

Chapter 31 - Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment (VR&E):

Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment is for veterans who have a service-connected disability. To receive services, a veteran must be found both eligible and entitled after applying and meeting with a VR&E Case Manager.

Chapter 33 - Post 9/11:

The Post-9/11 GI Bill provides financial support for education and housing to individuals with at least 90 days of aggregate service on or after September 11, 2001, or individuals discharged with a service-connected disability after 30 days. You must have received an honorable discharge to be eligible for the Post-9/11 GI Bill.

Chapter 33 Transfer of Entitlement - Post 9/11:

The Post-9/11 GI Bill allows service members (officer or enlisted, Active Duty or Selected Reserve), on or after August 1, 2009, to transfer unused education benefits to immediate family members (spouse and children). The service member must have at least six years of service, and commit to an additional four years of service in order to transfer benefits to a spouse or child. Because of the potential impact of this benefit on recruiting and retention, transfer-ability policy is determined by the Department of Defense (DoD) and the military services.

Chapter 35 - Survivor & Dependent Education Assistance:

DEA provides education and training opportunities to eligible dependents of veterans who are permanently and totally disabled due to a service-related condition, or who died while on active duty or as a result of a service-related condition. The program offers up to 45 months of education benefits.

Chapter 1606 - Montgomery GI Bill Selected Reserve:

The MGIB-SR program may be available to you if you are a member of the Selected Reserve. The Selected Reserve includes the Army Reserve, Navy Reserve, Air Force Reserve, Marine Corps Reserve and Coast Guard Reserve, and the Army National Guard and the Air National Guard.

Chapter 1607 - Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP):

REAP was designed to provide educational assistance to members of the Reserve components called or ordered to active duty in response to a war or national emergency (contingency operation) as declared by the President or Congress. This program makes certain reservists who were activated for at least 90 days after September 11, 2001 either eligible for education benefits or eligible for increased benefits.

Veteran Education Benefits Contacts

Questions about your benefits and address change:

1-888-442-4551 or

Monthly Enrollment Verification:

1-877-823-2378 or

Steps to Apply

STEP 1. Complete an admission application online at

STEP 2: Apply for Veterans/Dependent Education Benefits (VONAPP) by going to

STEP 3: Complete the appropriate VA Benefit paperwork based on your applicant status and chapter

STEP 4: Complete the Information Agreement Form (PDF) and the VEB (Veterans Education Benefit Terms of Agreement (PDF).

STEP 5: Request official transcripts: Have all transcripts sent to Clovis Community College from all colleges, trade schools, and universities you have attended. (Clovis Community College: Evaluations, 10309 N. Willow, Fresno CA 93730). The following resources for requesting Military Transcripts:

STEP 6: Schedule an English and Math placement test by calling (559) 325-5230

STEP 7: Meet with a Veteran's counselor to complete the Veterans Student Educational Plan and submit Veterans Educational Benefits packet for review/certification by calling (559) 325-5230

  • Bring DD 214 or NOBE (unless Veteran dependent), placement test scores and information/agreement form to appointment

Support team members