Adult School Students: Steps to Enroll

Adult School Students

Clovis Community College partners with local adult schools and the State Center Adult Education Consortium (SCAEC) to ensure a seamless transition to college. Students can work with an SCAEC Transitions Specialist or one of our staff listed below to complete the following enrollment steps. We are here to help!

Still Enrolled? Start taking classes now for FREE!

Students who are currently enrolled at an adult school and are pursuing a high school diploma or equivalency certificate are eligible to take up to 11 units at a community college for free thanks to Senate Bill 554 (SB 554). To learn more about earning college credit while you attend adult school, contact the counselor at your school or reach out to a Transitions Specialist. They will help you with the online application and the Adult Education Enrollment Form.

Adult Education Staff

Our adult education staff hold regular workshops and weekly site visits at local adult schools to assist you - please connect with a staff member below or a Transitions Specialist to enroll!

Adult Education Staff Contacts

Name Title E-mail Phone
Sasha Fisher Student Success Coach - Supports Clovis Adult School 559-325-5419
Mckay Duran Program Specialist - Supports Clovis Adult School 559-325-5401
David-Anthony Navarro Outreach Specialist - Supports Chawanakee Academy and Sierra Adult 559-325-5267
Jeremy Inocencio Counselor - Provides academic advising to adult school students 559-325-5230

Enrollment Guide

Students must complete all the following steps in order to attend Clovis Community College.

Complete the CCC admission application online

  1. You will first need to create an OpenCCC account.
    • Make sure to use a personal email account. Do not use your school email account as you will not have access to it after graduation.
    • If you have taken classes through the Dual Enrollment (SB 554) program, you will have already created an account. If you do not remember your username and password, try to retrieve them on the CCCApply page by clicking on Sign In and then the “Recover Account” button. If you need help logging in to CCCApply, call 1-877-247-4836
  2. While logged into your OpenCCC account, click "Start A New Application" to apply to Clovis Community College.
    • If you have any issues completing/submitting the application, you can contact our helpdesk at 1-844-887-2223

Important Tip: Please note your last high school attended as your adult school when applying to college.

Within 24-48 hours after you have applied online, you should receive a “Admission Application Completed” email from SCCCD Admissions & Records with your Student ID#. If you have not received an email after 48 hours, check your spam/junk folder. If you are still unable to locate the email, call the Clovis College Admissions & Records Office at 559-325-5200 for assistance.

Once you receive your “Admission Application Completed”, email with your Student ID#, you can then login to My Portal. Ffollow the directions in the email to log into My Portal or watch our 'My Portal Login Tutorial' above. For login assistance, call the Student Systems Support call center at 559-499-6070 or visit the Technology Help webpage for additional information.

  1. Click on My Portal located at the top right of any webpage on the Clovis Community College website.
  2. Log in to your student portal so you can access your Student Email, Canvas, WebAdvisor, and other useful tools.
  3. In your student portal, open the “Student Email” app and follow the directions to activate your student email. Check your email daily as email is the primary way the college will communicate with you.

When you log in to My Portal, be sure to update your Communication Preferences so that you will be able to change your password on your own. A pop-up will appear the first time you log in to your portal to ask you to confirm/update your Communication Preferences. This pop-up will appear each time you log in to your portal until you update your preferences, so it is recommended you complete this step the first time you log in. For instructions on how to change your preferences, visit the Communication Preferences webpage.


Complete the fafsa or dream act application

If you need assistance, contact the Financial Aid Office by phone at 559-325-5239 or email at

fafsa Application

  1. Visit and create your FSA ID. An FSA ID is the username and password you'll use to complete and sign your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (fafsa).
  2. Your parent should create their own FSA ID. This will let them electronically sign your fafsa. (Undocumented parents can't create an FSA ID - they'll sign your fafsa on a paper form.)
  3. Visit and complete your FAFSA, as early as October 1 for the following school year. Be sure to add CCC (school code: 042534) to your FAFSA so we get your information. Step-by-step instructional FAFSA videos can be found at

Dream Act Application (For undocumented Students)

  1. Visit and create your account. Create a username and password.
  2. Personal Identification Number (PIN) will be created for your parent at the end of your Dream Act Application. This will allow your parent to electronically sign your Dream Act Application.
  3. Visit and complete your Dream Act Application as early as October 1 for the following school year. Be sure to add CCC (school code: 042534) to your Dream Act application so we get your information.
    • note: Current high school students must submit an AB540 Affidavit to the Clovis Community College Admissions and Records Office after graduation.

Complete Your File

  1. Check your CCC student email regularly. The CCC Financial Aid Office will notify you if you need to correct your FAFSA or Dream Act application or submit documentation to our office, or when your Financial Aid Award Letter is ready to view.
  2. Check Self Service. On Self Service, you can view your award letter, see if anything is missing under "My Documents;' and sign up for direct deposit.
  3. Submit any requested documents to the Financial Aid Office. Documents may be submitted through the Self-Service app, email, fax, mail, or on-site drop box. Visit the financial aid website for more detailed submission instructions.

Students must renew their fafsa or dream act every year, starting October 1 for the following school year. To maintain your financial aid eligibility, you must meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (minimum 2.0 GPA, credit for at least 67% of the total units attempted, and have attempted less than 150% of the maximum cumulative units for your program).

Complete the ccc Scholarship application (optional)

Clovis Community College offers numerous scholarships every year with awards ranging from $250-$1500 per year. To apply for scholarships, view important deadlines, and find more information, go to the CCC Scholarship webpage. The scholarship application is open every year from October 1 - March 2.

  1. Complete the Clovis Community College online orientation at The orientation can also be accessed in My Portal in the “Resource Links” section.
  2. Once you login, click on "Enroll in Course" and complete each of the orientation modules. Ensure all modules have a green checkmark to clear your orientation hold.

It may take 1 to 2 business days to clear your orientation hold. If you do not know your login information, visit the Technology Help webpage for assistance.

Choosing your classes

Meet with a ccc counselor to select the appropriate level of classes to enroll in and complete your first year Student Education Plan (SEP-A). Your Transitions Specialist or our adult education staff can connect you to a counselor or upcoming workshop.

You can also sign up to meet with a counselor through our Counseling Appointment page.

Students can register online using Self Service. To access Self Service, login to MyPortal. For full details and instructions on how to register, visit the Registration Resources Webpage.

Make sure you keep an eye on your college email for your assigned registration date/time!

If you are on an IEP or 504 plan at your high school, please complete the Transition to College DSP&S application.

After submitting your application, you will need to upload an electronic copy of your IEP, 504 or medical documentation. A counselor will reach out to you to schedule an appointment to complete the intake and setup accommodations for your classes.

If you have any questions, contact the DSP&S office at 559-325-5050 or

Checklist prior to the start of the semester

Visit the Pay Tuition Fees webpage or the Self Service app in your student portal to pay your fees by the deadline. Your financial aid may cover enrollment fees, but student fees may still apply.

If you are waitlisted for any courses, visit the Registration Resources Webpage for important information.

Preview what textbooks are required. You may purchase or rent from the CCC Bookstore online at

Textbook information can also be located in My Portal by clicking on the “My Bookstore” link in Canvas on the side bar along the left-hand side of the page.

The Crush Card ID is available for $10 and can be taken throughout the semester in the Student Center. Visit the Crush Card webpage for instructions on how to purchase your student ID card.

Checklist once the semester begins:

Attend your classes on the first day of school. If you are taking an online class, be sure to access your courses in Canvas through My Portal the first day of the semester. You may be dropped from a class if you fail to attend the first-class meeting or do not access your online courses in Canvas.

If you are waitlisted for a class when the semester starts, you still need to attend the first day. The instructor will give you an “Authorization Code” to enroll in the class if there is room available. If you are waitlisted for an online course, you will need to email the instructor to see if there is room for you to enroll in the class. If there is, the instructor will email you an “Authorization Code” to enroll in the class. Instructions on how to use the “Authorization Code” to enroll in the class can be found on the Registration Resources webpage under the “How to Add Classes after the Semester Begins” section.

If you would like to add a class on or after the first day of class, you will need authorization from the professor. To learn how to register using an add authorization, visit the Registration Resources Webpage for instructions.

If you would like to drop a class, make sure to speak with a counselor first. Dropping a class may affect your financial aid and/or Student Educational Plan. If you don't drop by the drop deadline, you may be required to pay for the class. To learn how to drop a class, visit the Registration Resources Webpage for instructions.

Follow up with a counselor to develop a Student Education Plan - Comprehensive (SEPC) before you register for the next semester. You can contact the Counseling Office at 559-325-5230 or visit the Academic Counseling Webpage to schedule an appointment to meet with a counselor.