Clovis Community College is proud to offer two free federally funded TRiO programs (SSS & STEM) that serve college students who are first generation, low-income, or have a disability. These programs help students meet their educational goals and objectives.
Student Support Services (SSS) and Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) programs guide, mentor, and motivate students towards the successful completion of post-secondary education. In addition, we assist students to successfully complete a certificate, associate degree, and/or transfer to a 4-year institution.
The Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) program provides specific opportunities for students pursuing majors in the STEM fields.
Benefits of the TRIO Programs
- Priority Registration
- Scholarship Opportunities
- College Campus Tours (CSU/UC)
- Academic Advising
- Career Planning
- Study Skills Workshops
- Financial Aid Advising
- Transfer Assistance
- Cultural Events
- Be a U.S. citizen, or permanent resident, or meet residency requirements to receive federal student financial aid
- Be enrolled at Clovis Community College pursuing a certificate, associate degree, or planning to transfer to a four year institution
- Enrolled full time (12 units+) and in good academic standing (2.0 GPA)
- Have not completed more than 50 units
- One or more of the following apply:
- I am receiving financial aid and/or
- My parent(s)/guardian(s) did not graduate from a four year college and/or
- I have a disability.
The SSS/STEM grants are fully funded by the U.S. Department of Education
Please return your completed application to:
Clovis Community College
Angelita Zaragoza, TRIO Counselor Coordinator
Student Services Office, AC2-133