Not a US Citizen or Permanent resident? If you qualify as an AB540 student you may be eligible for state financial aid under the California Dream Act. AB 540 allows non-resident students who meet certain qualifications to pay in-state tuition. These students may include undocumented students, students who are US citizens but who are not CA residents,and dependent students whose parents are not CA residents. AB 540 students are those who:
• Have attended a CA high school for a minimum of three years; or
• Attainment of credits in California from a California high school equivalent of at least three or more years of full-time high school coursework and a total of three or more years of attendance in California Elementary schools, California secondary schools, or a combination of those schools.
• Graduated or will graduate from a California high school or attainment of General Education Development (GED), High School Equivalency Test (HiSET), or Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC), and
• Will register or enroll in an accredited and qualifying California college or university, and
• If applicable, complete an affidavit to legalize immigration status as soon as eligible, and
• Do not hold a valid non-immigrant visa (F, J, H, L, A, B, C, D, E, etc.)**
**If you have Temporary Protected Status or hold a U Visa you may be eligible for the California Dream Act.
Please contact our Admissions Office to determine if you are AB 540 eligible.