CalWORKs stands for California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids; it is California’s public assistance program for people who have children under 18 years old. CalWORKs replaced AFDC/GAIN in California in 1998.
CalWORKs Program Goal:
The goal of the CalWORKs program at Clovis Community College is to help cash aid recipients transition to self-sufficiency through education and employment opportunities.
Students are eligible for this program if they are currently receiving cash aid and are in good standing with their local County welfare department.
- Students must provide a referral from the Department of Social Services and have an approved Welfare to Work plan that indicates the vocational / educational career goal the student must complete.
- Students must provide proof that they are receiving public assistance.
Alexandra Moy Torres | email@example.com
- Priority registration
- New student orientation
- Skill building workshops
- Academic counseling, including Student Educational Planning
- Childcare, textbook and school supplies assistance
- Coordination and referrals with on-campus and off-campus programs, including DSP&S, EOPS/CARE and TRiO
- Paid work study opportunities, both on and off campus