Transfer / Returning Student Steps to Enroll

Enrollment Guide for Students attending CCC as their primary college

The steps below are for students who will be attending Clovis Community College (CCC) as their primary college and would like to transfer units from another college/university to CCC for credit. They also apply if you attended CCC or another SCCCD college in the past.

Enrollment Guide

  1. Apply online at CCCApply by first creating an OpenCCC account or logging into your existing account.
  2. While logged into your OpenCCC account, Start A New Application to apply to Clovis Community College.

If you have any issues completing/submitting the application, you can contact our helpdesk at 1-844-887-2223.

Within 24-48 hours after you have applied online, you should receive an “Admission Application Completed” email from SCCCD Admissions & Records with your Student ID#. If you have not received an email after 48 hours, check your spam/junk folder. If it is not in the spam/junk folder, call the Clovis Community College Admissions & Records Office at 559-325-5200 for assistance.

Once you receive your “Admission Application Completed” email with your Student ID #, you can then log in to My Portal. Follow the directions in the email to log into My Portal or watch our  'My Portal Login Tutorial' above. For login assistance, call the Student Systems Support call center at 559-499-6070 or visit the Technology Help webpage for additional information.

  1. Click on My Portal located at the top right of any webpage on the Clovis Community College website.
  2. Once you log in to your student portal you can access your Student Email, Canvas, Self-Service, and other useful tools.
  3. In your student portal, open the “Student Email” app and follow the directions to activate your student email. Check your email daily as email is the primary way the college will communicate with you.

When you log in to My Portal, be sure to update your Communication Preferences so that you will be able to change your password on your own. A pop-up will appear the first time you log in to your portal to ask you to confirm/update your Communication Preferences. This pop-up will appear each time you log in to your portal until you update your preferences, so it is recommended you complete this step the first time you log in. For instructions on how to change your preferences, visit the Communication Preferences webpage.

Meet with a CCC counselor to select the appropriate level of classes to enroll in and create a Student Education Plan (SEP).

  1. Schedule an appointment with a counselor. This will require you to log in using your SCCCD ID number and password. You can also contact the Counseling Office at 559-325-5230 to schedule your advising appointment. If you are utilizing Veteran education benefits, contact the Veterans Resource Center to meet with a Veteran academic counselor for a Veteran Student Education Plan.
  2. Prepare to meet with a counselor by obtaining a copy of the following documents for the counselor to review:
    • College Transcripts (unofficial transcripts from all other colleges attended)
    • Advanced Placement (AP) exam scores (if applicable)

Clovis Community College counselors utilize an assessment process that includes measure criteria for initial course placement in alignment with AB705/AB1805, which ensures our students' right to access transfer-level coursework in English and Math. For more information please visit the Multiple Measure Placement Process page.

Apply for financial aid using the instructions on the CCC Financial Aid page.

If you need assistance, contact the Financial Aid Office by at 559-325-5239 or

Complete Scholarship Applications (Optional)

Clovis Community College offers numerous scholarships every year with awards ranging from $100-$1500 per year. To apply for CCC scholarships or other available scholarships, view important deadlines, and find more information, go to the Scholarship Office webpage. The CCC Scholarship application is open every year from October 1 – March 2 but deadlines for other scholarships vary.

Once you receive an email with your assigned registration date, you can register for classes online using Self Service. Self-Service can be accessed by logging into My Portal. For full details and instructions on how to register, visit the Registration Resources Webpage.


Students interested in receiving services from the Disabled Students Programs and Services should complete the DSP&S Application.

DSP&S is designed to provide specialized services and accommodations that assist students with documented physical, psychological, and learning disabilities to reach their maximum potential while achieving their educational goals. Students with disabilities must “self-identify” and request services from DSP&S for services to be initiated.

If you have any questions, contact the DSP&S office at 559-325-5050 or

Checklist Prior to Starting the Semester

Visit the Pay Tuition Fees webpage or the Self Service app in your student portal to pay your fees by the deadline. Your financial aid may cover enrollment fees, but some student fees may still apply.

If you are waitlisted for any courses, visit the Registration Resources Webpage for important information.

Preview what textbooks are required. You may purchase or rent from the CCC Bookstore on the Clovis Campus or online at

Textbook information can also be located in My Portal by clicking on the “My Bookstore” link in Canvas on the side bar along the left-hand side of the page.

The Crush Card ID is available for $10 and can be taken throughout the semester in the Student Center. Visit the Crush Card webpage for instructions on how to purchase your student ID card.

Checklist Once the Semester Begins

Attend your classes on the first day of school. If you are taking an online class, be sure to access your courses in Canvas through My Portal on the first day of the semester. You may be dropped from a class if you fail to attend the first class meeting or do not access your online courses in Canvas.

If you are waitlisted for a class when the semester starts, you still need to attend the first day. The instructor will give you an “Authorization Code” to enroll in the class if there is room available. If you are waitlisted for an online course, you will need to email the instructor to see if there is room for you to enroll in the class. If there is, the instructor will email you an “Authorization Code” to enroll in the class. Instructions on how to use the “Authorization Code” to enroll in the class can be found on the Registration Resources webpage under the “How to Add Classes after the Semester Begins” section.

If you would like to add a class on or after the first day of class, you will need authorization from the professor. To learn how to register using an add authorization, visit the Registration Resources Webpage for instructions.

If you would like to drop a class, make sure to speak with a counselor first. Dropping a class may affect your financial aid and/or Student Educational Plan. If you don't drop by the drop deadline, you may be required to pay for the class. To learn how to drop a class, visit the Registration Resources Webpage for instructions.

Follow up with a counselor to develop a Student Education Plan - Comprehensive (SEPC) before you register for the next semester. You can also contact the Counseling Office at 559-325-5230.